The Solarwinds cloud business was formed through carefully orchestrated acquisitions of numerous young and innovative SaaS businesses. We use the latest technologies, we are agile, and since are an all SaaS business we are fast! We are focused on building amazing, scalable products for our customers. We maintain a fun, exciting, dynamic startup culture based upon teams of extremely talented people. We do have the added benefit of being we having corporate financial backing which allows us to explore non-organic growth opportunities and additional investment for strategic initiatives! The Solarwinds.cloud business is critically important to the future growth of Solarwinds Inc.
Below is a brief summary of our Solarwinds Cloud portfolio and the primary problem they solve for our nearly 1 million end users.
Pingdom – Digital experience monitoring and uptime monitoring solution
AppOptics – Distributed tracing application performance management (APM) solution which includes aggregation of application, host, infrastructure and custom metrics
Papertrail – Cloud-hosted aggregated log management solution
We are looking for energetic and talented people who love to solve challenging problems!
What would you be responsible for in this role?
• Drive team towards culture of continuous improvements and innovation
• Plan, identify, hire and develop employees with the skills needed by the team. Develop technical leadership and engineering competencies within the team
• Be direct manager of members of 1 - 2 Scrum teams
• Participate in feature discussions and high level analysis, oversee high level architecture design
• Working closely with Product Owners to understand software requirements and drivers of customer satisfaction. Ensure that the product delivers compelling features with great usability.
• Ensure that quality is a top priority of the engineering team
What is required for this position?
• Experience as a leader in a software development team
• Experience with agile methodologies
• Strong technical background, either in development or quality assurance
• Strong communication skills, English language proficiency
• Demonstrated creativity and intelligent thinking
• Desire to learn new technologies
What are some desired (not required) skills?
• Experience with distributed systems or SaaS
• Experience with Continuous delivery/Continuous deployment
• Knowledge of Linux
• Advanced proficiency in one or more programming languages, related frameworks, and best practices
• Experience with Test Automation and unit testing
• Experience with Amazon Web Services, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Docker, Ruby, GraphQL
What awaits you besides the top technology and great coworkers?
We offer many benefits - let us list the main ones: competitive salary, bonuses and growth opportunities.
We promote self-education and support you in learning new things - through conferences, learning tutorials, and mentors. You can enjoy comfortable officespaces with free and tasty coffee, snacks, game rooms, soft chairs, billiard, Wii, and PS 4 with VR.
You can bike to work and find colleagues who do same sports as you do.
We provide Flexi Passes, pension and life insurance benefits, flexible workiing hours, and fruits in the kitchen.