The SolarWinds Cloud portfolio develops unique cloud-based platforms designed to help companies collect, visualize, store, trace, and create alerts on large amounts of streaming data to manage the health of their applications.
We are looking for full-time DevOps / Site Reliability Engineers to help us build the scalable backend systems that power our monitoring, tracing, and metrics service platforms used by nearly 1 million end users.
Activities you will be involved in:
• Write code in Ruby, Python, and configuration management to automate repetitive tasks.
• On-call rotation.
• Optimize the entire software delivery pipeline with quality built in.
• Use Agile methodologies to enable high team velocity.
• Troubleshooting and solving complex problems with skilled colleagues.
• Our team uses practices to maximize our development velocity, including but not limited to: ChatOps, continuous integration/deployment, code review via GitHub pull requests, and preferring asynchronous communication to meetings.
What is required for this position?
• 5 years of commercial experience in IT industry
• Significant experience with cloud-based deployment and ephemeral hardware.
• Comfortable with a variety of *NIX platforms.
• Experience managing significant load in the wild, comfortable with scale-out tiers, resiliency.
• Strong scripting language experience (bash, Ruby, Python).
• Strong intrapersonal skills with the ability to work well with other team members, customers.
• Experience managing large AWS infrastructures.
• Ability to work independently / deliver without supervision.
• Demonstrated creativity and intelligent thinking
• Ability to use English on a daily basis (reasonable spoken)
• Desire to learn new technologies
What are some other desired skills?
• Experience implementing DevOps practices.
• Knowledge of Metrics, Monitoring, Graphite, Logstash, SaltStack, Kafka
What awaits you besides the top technology and great coworkers?
We offer many benefits – let us list the main ones: competitive salary, bonuses, and growth opportunities.
We promote self-education and support you in learning new things – through conferences, learning tutorials, and mentors. You can enjoy comfortable office spaces with free and tasty coffee, snacks, fresh fruit and vegetable, game rooms, soft chairs, billiard, Wii and PS 4 with VR.
You can bike to work and find colleagues who do same sports as you do.
We provide 3 sick days, Meal vouchers, Flexi Passes, pension or life insurance benefits, flexible working hours.