The SolarWinds Cloud portfolio develops unique cloud-based platforms designed to help companies collect, visualize, store, trace, and create alerts on large amounts of streaming data to manage the health of their applications.
We are looking for full-time Lead Java Developer to help us build the scalable backend systems that power our monitoring, tracing, and metrics service platforms used by nearly 1 million end users.
Responsibilities and activities you will be involved in?
• Troubleshooting and solving complex problems
• Participating in an agile software development team by writing code, developing unit tests and performing code reviews
• Helping others to grow their technical skills
• You and your team will be responsible for the entire development process, from prototyping to development, testing and deployment
• Working closely with Product Owners to understand software requirements
What is required for this position?
• Strong knowledge of the Java programming language
• Demonstrated creativity and intelligent thinking
• Solid understanding of unit testing principles, at least basic practical experience with unit testing
• Solid understanding of development processes
• Ability to use English on a daily basis (reasonable spoken)
• Desire to learn new technologies
What are some desired (not required) skills?
• Experience with Elasticsearch, Kafka, Docker, Amazon Web Services
• Knowledge of Node.js, Python
• Experience with GraphQL, Protobuf, gRPC
• Experience with Linux
• Experience with developing distributed systems or SaaS
• Experience with some relational and non-relational databases (MySQL, Aurora, MongoDB, …)
What awaits you besides the top technology and great coworkers?
We offer many benefits – let us list the main ones: competitive salary, bonuses, and growth opportunities.
We promote self-education and support you in learning new things – through conferences, learning tutorials, and mentors. You can enjoy comfortable office spaces with free and tasty coffee, snacks, fresh fruit and vegetable, game rooms, soft chairs, billiard, Wii and PS 4 with VR.
You can bike to work and find colleagues who do same sports as you do.
We provide Sick days, Meal vouchers, Flexi Passes, pension or life insurance benefits, flexible working hours.