The SolarWinds Cloud portfolio develops unique cloud-based platforms designed to help companies collect, visualize, store, trace, and create alerts on large amounts of streaming data to manage the health of their applications.
We are looking for Engineering Manager to help us build the scalable backend systems that power our monitoring, tracing, and metrics service platforms used by nearly 1 million end users.
Responsibilities and activities you will be involved in:
• Drive team towards culture of continuous improvements and innovation
• Plan, identify, hire and develop employees with the skills needed by the team. Develop technical leadership and engineering competencies within the team
• Be direct manager of members of 1 - 2 Scrum teams
• Participate in feature discussions and high level analysis, oversee high level architecture design
• Working closely with Product Owners to understand software requirements and drivers of customer satisfaction. Ensure that the product delivers compelling features with great usability.
• Ensure that quality is a top priority of the engineering team
What is required for this position?
• Experience as a leader in a software development team
• Experience with agile methodologies
• Strong technical background, either in development or quality assurance
• Strong communication skills, English language proficiency
• Demonstrated creativity and intelligent thinking
• Desire to learn new technologies
What are some desired (not required) skills?
• Experience with distributed systems or SaaS
• Experience with Continuous delivery/Continuous deployment
• Knowledge of Linux
• Advanced proficiency in one or more programming languages, related frameworks, and best practices
• Experience with Test Automation and unit testing
• Experience with Amazon Web Services, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Docker, Ruby, GraphQL
What awaits you besides the top technology and great coworkers?
We offer many benefits – let us list the main ones: competitive salary, bonuses, and growth opportunities.
We promote self-education and support you in learning new things – through conferences, learning tutorials, and mentors. You can enjoy comfortable office spaces with free and tasty coffee, snacks, fresh fruit and vegetable, game rooms, soft chairs, billiard, Wii and PS 4 with VR.
You can bike to work and find colleagues who do same sports as you do.
We provide 3 sick days, meal vouchers, Flexi Passes, pension or life insurance benefits, flexible working hours.