This is a hands-on role that requires a strong understanding of enterprise-level security frameworks, policies, processes, and standards, and has good practical knowledge of system, network, mobile, cloud, and application security. You will help to develop, document, and enforce security standards, guidelines, processes, and procedures to support our enterprise security posture and protect SolarWind’s corporate and cloud infrastructure including:
- Guiding the daily operational monitoring and escalation of information security events and at times functioning as an incident responder to examine security events for context, appropriateness, and criticality.
- Administering security tools, security event monitoring, alerting, and reporting
- Reviewing and updating our incident response process and playbooks to ensure a consistent approach and response to current & emerging threats.
- Participating in security risk and compliance assessments for applications, infrastructure, and vendor/third parties,
- Identifying operational security issues within the global enterprise IT environment and evaluating risk based on our enterprise risk framework.
- Performing due diligence security assessments on third party vendors to determine the effectiveness of their controls to protect SolarWinds data.
- Assisting with various third-party risk management initiatives and working closely with the office of the CIO and legal teams
- Monitoring security events from automated and manual sources and handling incidents submitted via tickets, email, or phone.