Pingdom is a key player in the SolarWinds Cloud product family. Since the start in 2006, Pingdom is focused on making the Internet faster and more reliable. We do this by creating easy to use tools and services for website owners, regardless of who they are and what size their websites are. We pride ourselves in building a powerful, yet easy-to-use service with a watchmaker’s focus on detail, design, and precision functionality.
There’s a ton of exciting challenges ahead if you’re interested in a service used by Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, MailChimp, and more than 700,000 other users from all over the world.
What would you be responsible for in this role?
You will help your team with adoption of state-of-the-art technologies and best practices. You will help other developers to technically grow and coach them to make right technical decisions. You will also participate on implementation of new features and improvements.
Responsibilities and activities you will be involved in:
• Technical leadership and coaching and mentoring of other team members
• Participating in an agile software development team by writing code, developing unit tests and performing code reviews
• You and your team will be responsible for the entire development process, from prototyping to development, testing and deployment
• Working closely with Product Owners to understand software requirements
• Troubleshooting and solving complex problems
We have historically used several programming languages. It would be great if you were proficient in some of them.
What is required for this position?
• Strong experience with software development and best practices (code reviews, unit testing, CI/CD, …)
• Demonstrated creativity and intelligent thinking
• Experience mentoring others or leading a team
• Experience with agile development
• Experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, …), experience with non-relational DB (MongoDB, …) is a big plus
• Experience with Docker
• Knowledge of Linux
• Ability to use English on a daily basis (reasonable spoken)
What are some desired (not required) skills?
• Experience with developing large distributed systems or SaaS solutions
• Frontend development skills (HTML, CSS)
• Experience with Amazon Web Services, Redis Cache, RabbitMQ, Docker
What awaits you besides the top technology and great coworkers?
We offer many benefits – let us list the main ones: competitive salary, bonuses, and growth opportunities.
We promote self-education and support you in learning new things – through conferences, learning tutorials, and mentors. You can enjoy comfortable office spaces with free and tasty coffee, snacks, fresh fruit and vegetable, game rooms, soft chairs, billiard, Wii and PS 4 with VR.
You can bike to work and find colleagues who do same sports as you do.
We provide meal vouchers, Flexi Passes, pension or life insurance benefits, flexible working hours.