The Solarwinds cloud business was formed through carefully orchestrated acquisitions of numerous young and innovative SaaS businesses. We use the latest technologies, we are agile, and since are an all SaaS business we are fast! We are focused on building amazing, scalable products for our customers. We maintain a fun, exciting, dynamic startup culture based upon teams of extremely talented people. We do have the added benefit of being we having corporate financial backing which allows us to explore non-organic growth opportunities and additional investment for strategic initiatives! The Solarwinds.cloud business is critically important to the future growth of Solarwinds Inc.
Below is a brief summary of our Solarwinds Cloud portfolio and the primary problem they solve for our nearly 1 million end users.
Pingdom – Digital experience monitoring and uptime monitoring solution
AppOptics – Distributed tracing application performance management (APM) solution which includes aggregation of application, host, infrastructure and custom metrics
Papertrail – Cloud-hosted aggregated log management solution
We are looking for energetic and talented people who love to solve challenging problems!
What would you be responsible for in this role?
You will help your team with adoption of state-of-the-art technologies and best practices. You will help other developers to technically grow and coach them to make right technical decisions. You will also participate on implementation of new features and improvements.
Responsibilities and activities you will be involved in:
• Technical leadership and coaching and mentoring of other team members
• Participating in an agile software development team by writing code, developing unit tests and performing code reviews
• You and your team will be responsible for the entire development process, from prototyping to development, testing and deployment
• Working closely with Product Owners to understand software requirements
• Troubleshooting and solving complex problems
We have historically used several programming languages. It would be great if you were proficient in some of them.
What is required for this position?
• Strong experience with software development and best practices (code reviews, unit testing, CI/CD, …)
• Demonstrated creativity and intelligent thinking
• Experience mentoring others or leading a team
• Experience with agile development
• Experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, …), experience with non-relational DB (MongoDB, …) is a big plus
• Experience with Docker
• Knowledge of Linux
• Ability to use English on a daily basis (reasonable spoken)
What are some desired (not required) skills?
• Experience with developing large distributed systems or SaaS solutions
• Frontend development skills (HTML, CSS)
• Experience with Amazon Web Services, Redis Cache, RabbitMQ, Docker
What awaits you besides the top technology and great coworkers?
We offer many benefits – let us list the main ones: competitive salary, bonuses, and growth opportunities.
We promote self-education and support you in learning new things – through conferences, learning tutorials, and mentors. You can enjoy comfortable office spaces with free and tasty coffee, snacks, fresh fruit and vegetable, game rooms, soft chairs, billiard, Wii and PS 4 with VR.
You can bike to work and find colleagues who do same sports as you do.
We provide meal vouchers, Flexi Passes, pension or life insurance benefits, flexible working hours.