The Senior Education Developer demonstrates expert knowledge in one product area and intermediate knowledge in one or more additional product areas. The Senior Education Developer demonstrates excellence in either the course developer or lab developer role.
- Designs and develops complex curricula and lab activities.
- Performs needs assessment and audience analysis activities to determine performance gaps and identify opportunities, priorities, and recommended training interventions within courseware and labs.
- Contributes to defining and refining instructional and lab standards and development processes.
- Mentors new developers and supports other course and lab developers as needed.
- Works independently with some supervision and direction; receives no instruction or supervision on routine work assignments.
- May be primary contact during development of project.
- Develops strong technical proficiency in two or more software products; for example, can install/upgrade, configure, and use product software in order to develop appropriate course material or labs, and develops a strong understanding of technical concepts in order to make appropriate suggestions for course design and flow, and for the development of conceptual graphics, textual content, and labs.
- Interacts frequently inter-organizationally and represents the education organization on projects.
- Provides instructor readiness support.
- Works closely with engineering, product management, support, and other subject matter experts.
- Develops a trusting partnership with customers and stakeholders.
Additional responsibilities for the lab developer role include (technical courses only):
- Advanced system administration skills.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Technical expertise in one or more of the OS’s: Windows, Solaris, MS SQL , Oracle, MS Outlook, Linux, and/or other operating systems.
- Takes initiative to investigate new technologies and approaches to troubleshooting technology.
- Uses analytical and troubleshooting skills to solve issues.
Additional responsibilities for the course developer role include:
- Project manages large development projects and leads course development advisory boards.
- Advanced knowledge of development tools, templates, standards, and processes.
- Advanced instructional design knowledge and skills.
- Technical troubleshooting skills.